If you are a foreign national residing in Switzerland or a Swiss national who has their residence in another country but works in Switzerland, you will have your income taxed at source. This is known as withholding tax.

How can I provide the withholding tax information from the Coople Job App?

If you qualify for paying withholding tax, please follow these instructions so we can validate your documentation before you start working with Coople:

  1. Upload your legal documents

To upload the information for the withholding tax, you need to upload your legal documents first.

Go to your Profile, click on Documents, then click on the plus button at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.

Upload the documents we require for withholding tax:

  • Your ID

  • Your work permit

  • Your partnership certificate (if married or in a civil partnership)

Since you are here, it’s a good idea to upload all the other documents in this section. Your CV, Diplomas, Job references and Driving licenses will increase your chances of getting hired.

2. Enter the Right to Work information

To continue providing the information for the withholding tax, you need to complete your Right to Work information.

Go to your Profile and click on the menu at the top right corner of the screen. This will open your Settings.

Now click on Right to Work.

Provide the information we need for withholding tax in this section. Click on the edit button at the bottom right-hand corner and enter:

  • Your social insurance number

  • Your nationality

  • Your work permit type

  • Your denomination - this is for Church Tax purposes only

  • If Coople is your main employer

  • Number of maintained children

  • Number of dependent children

  • Your marital status

  • Your residence address

  • Child maintenance, unemployment benefit and pension information

How can I provide the withholding tax information from the Coople desktop app?

We recommend you download the Coople Job App from the App Store or Google Play. If you need to use the desktop app, please contact one of our support team members from the Help Centre live chat.

What happens next?

One of our team members will validate your legal documents and Right to Work information. Once this is done, they will send you an email to let you know if everything is correct so you can start applying for jobs.

Why do I need to provide Coople with my withholding tax information?

If you do not enter all the information we need to comply with government regulations, you will not be able to apply for jobs and companies will not be able to give you any shifts.

Note that every time you open the app, you will be asked to provide your missing details from your profile. When you apply for jobs and you have not completed your profile or entered your Right to Work information, you will be asked to add the missing information.

Who doesn't pay withholding tax?

Swiss nationals who live and work in the country, foreign nationals who have a Swiss Permanent Residence Permit (C Permit), and foreign nationals whose partner is Swiss or has a C Permit, do not pay withholding tax. Instead, they will be taxed under the statutory assessment procedure. This is a self-declaration submitted by the end of March based on the total gross and net salary received the previous year. Workers who do not pay withholding tax complete an annual self-assessment.

Did this answer your question?