All Collections
Help for Cooplers - Switzerland
First steps
What identification documents does Coople need from me?
What identification documents does Coople need from me?

In this article, you'll find more information about which identity documents you need to upload, and which permits are accepted by Coople.

Written by Tess Alschibaja
Updated over a week ago

When you work with Coople, we become your legal employer. This means that we pay your salary, take care of your social security contributions, and much more. For this reason, it is important that you enter all important information such as your bank details, your OASI number, and your identity documents in your profile right at the beginning of your registration. Once you have provided this information, you can start applying for jobs.

Before uploading your identity documents, you must select your nationality in your profile. If you are not a Swiss citizen, please also select the type of permit and the purpose of your stay in Switzerland. You will find this information on your work/residence permit card.

Be aware that we don't allow the following:

  • cropped and blurry pictures

  • visible flash of light on the photos

If you are a Swiss citizen, we need a photo of the front and back page of your identity card or a photo of your passport. These documents may be expired.

If you have another nationality, we need a photo of your passport or ID and a photo of all the pages of your work/residence permit. All documents must be valid. Expired documents will be removed from the system.

As a staff leasing company, Coople (Schweiz) AG is obliged to comply with the Swiss regulations on foreign nationals and staff leasing. According to art. 21 of the Employment Services Act, we may only employ foreign nationals if they are permitted to work and are entitled to change jobs without registration. Unfortunately, Coople is currently unable to accept all types of work permits and can’t help you change your current permit or request a new one.

If your residence or settlement permit has expired, you must upload an official written confirmation letter from the Migration Office in addition to your expired permit.

For Coople to accept such a letter from the Migration Office as a temporary solution, the letter must at least mention

  • that the current permit and the purpose of stay stated in it are still valid.

  • expiry date of the prolongation document.

  • first name and surname of the case worker.

  • a stamp OR signature of the Migration Office must be clearly visible.

Find more information about foreign citizenship at Coople here. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact our Coopler Experience Team at

Did this answer your question?