Coople envisions a world where flexible work is a rewarding experience for everyone. To realise our vision, we need committed workers who can bring their skills to thousands of companies on a flexible basis. In turn, we offer our Cooplers career a fair wage, career progression opportunities and employment benefits. In essence, Coople is a technology platform fuelled by the collaboration and professionalism of our users.
Can I cancel a shift and still have a good reputation on the platform?
We understand that there might be times when you need to cancel a shift or a job. At the same time, we need to protect companies from last-minute cancellations or no-shows. This is why we have a cancellation policy that allows you to cancel without penalties within a reasonable timeframe.
- If you cancel a job before you’re hired, we won’t penalise you.
- If you cancel a job after you’ve been hired, you need to give us more than 24-hour notice to avoid getting strikes.
- If you cancel with less than 24-hour notice, we will add strikes to your account. You'll get more strikes the closer you cancel to the starting time. We do this to prevent late cancellations that don't give us or our customers enough time to find a replacement.
- If you don’t show up - do a No Show - we’ll suspend your account immediately.
How the strike system works:
Cancel more than 24 hours before the shift starts
8 and 24 hours before a shift starts
2 and 8 hours before a shift starts
Cancel less than
2 hours before a shift starts
After your 3 strikes, we will suspend your account. The easiest way to avoid strikes is to cancel 24 hours before the start of your shift.
Check your strikes
- Open the Coople Job App
- Tap on Profile
- Tap on Settings at the top right of the screen
- Tap on Strike Overview
Start an appeal if you think we’ve made a mistake
If you disagree with the strikes you got after a cancellation, you can always launch an appeal from your profile. A member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible to review your case.
Work 8 shifts in a row to get a strike removed
You can still apply for jobs if you have less than 3 strikes. We recommend you apply for new jobs now, turn up on time and show a positive attitude. We’ll remove one of your strikes after you complete 8 shifts in a row.