All Collections
Help for Cooplers - Switzerland
Frequently asked questions
What is my daily allowance insurance with Coople? How can I get illness benefits?
What is my daily allowance insurance with Coople? How can I get illness benefits?

Learn more about when you are entitled to paid sick days and how to claim them.

Jenny Petrini avatar
Written by Jenny Petrini
Updated over a week ago

A central right in the CLA «Collective Labour Agreement» is the right to getting paid in the case of illness. In this article, you will find information on how sickness benefits are regulated and what you must do to make a claim.

If you haven’t informed us yet that you cannot work due to illness, please do so immediately. Find how to do so here.

When am I entitled to paid sick days?

If you fall ill during a job, you are entitled to compensation for loss of wage. All employees who do not receive an OASI pension are obligatorily insured for paid sick days. Coople has taken out a corresponding daily sickness benefit insurance. Employees contribute to the costs of this insurance with their wage, which is why contributions for the daily sickness benefit insurance are deducted from your payslip (the employee's share of the premium: maximum 50%). Insurance coverage ends when you reach the regular OASI age.

The insurance cover for continued payment of wages in the event of illness begins on the first day of your employment contract with Coople, but the earliest on the starting date of the contract specified in the contract. There is no claim if the incapacity for work did not occur during a job.

What are the benefits? How long am I entitled to benefits?

The entitlement is 80% of the average wage, provided that the incapacity for work is at least 25%. The average wage is calculated from all your Coople jobs in the last 12 months.

It is important to note that the entitlement only arises after a waiting period of 2 days, which means that if you have only been ill for one or two days, there is no entitlement. This is the so-called waiting period.

After the waiting period of two days, the following entitlement arises:

  • For employees who work in hiring companies where a CLA is valid; benefits of 720 days within 900 days.
    > If you’d like to know whether your hiring company is subject to a generally binding CLA, please don’t hesitate to contact us. F.e., if the hiring company is in the hospitality industry, it is subject to the N-CLA (National collective labour agreement for the hospitality industry), and the entitlement to paid sick days is therefore valid for 720 days within 900 days.

  • For employees who are liable for LPP under the CLA; benefits of 720 days within 900 days.
    > To find out if you are liable for LPP, you can consult this article or check your payslip to see if LPP contributions have been deducted.

  • For employees who neither work in a company with CLA nor are liable for LOB under the CLA; benefits of 60 days within 360 days.

How can I make a claim?

For us to be able to check your claim and report it to the insurance company, we will need a doctor’s certificate from you. Please note that without a doctor's certificate, we cannot report the case to our insurance company. If you are ill, please send us your doctor's certificate immediately at

Important information about the doctor's certificate:

Please read this information on medical certificates carefully. This will help us to process your request more quickly.

  • There is only a claim if the illness begins during your job. If you were already ill before the job, our insurance unfortunately does not cover you.

  • The doctor's certificate must be issued at an in-person doctor's appointment. Certificates issued after telephone consultations will not be accepted by the insurance company.

  • It must be clearly stated on the doctor's certificate that it is a case of illness. If it is an accident, you can find the relevant information here. The certificate must certify the illness from the first day of absence.

  • Please note that we will file criminal charges for the forging of doctor's certificates.

Our team will check the claim after receiving the doctor's certificate and file it with our insurance company. If the claim is accepted, you will be paid daily sickness benefits with your next wage for the duration of the illness.

Do I also have a claim if I no longer work with Coople?

The insurance cover against wage loss due to illness under the Coople employment contract ends when you leave the employment. As an employee, you have the right to continue the insurance cover with an individual daily sickness benefit insurance with GroupeMutuel within 90 days after the end of the last employment contract (the costs will be covered by you). If you are interested, please send us an email and we will send you all the necessary information.

Did this answer your question?